Wooden ornament, made by Adolph Bruhn & Son, South Melbourne, circa 1970-1990.

The woodturning business of Adolph Bruhn & Son operated in South Melbourne, 1970-1990, and previously in Little Collins Street, Melbourne, circa 1897-1970. The business made a wide range of wooden products, including tables and architectural mouldings, and undertook specialist turning tasks. Part of a collection of nearly 900 items, including a lathe, cutting tools, hand tools, products, workshop fittings, office equipment, portraits, and an accounts ledger.

Physical Description

Ornament made from light gold-coloured wood. Lower section of the body is cone- shaped whilst the upper section has two rounded forms and a shallow cup shape separated by three deep, narrow grooves. The item is made from two symmetrical halves joined along the central vertical axis of the body. Found in Area A in workshop.

More Information