Two small wooden stools used in the Simpson's Glove Factory, Richmond. The stool was made from rough scrap timber, and was easily portable, so it may have been taken outside at lunch time. It was collected from the glove-making area of the factory.

Made at the factory circa 1930, and used until the factory closed in 1988.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

More Information