White leather barrel shaped ladies' handbag with red trim, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1960. Retailed by Olga Geiger, Collins Street, Melbourne.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

.1 Ladies white leather barrel shaped handbag with red trim. Handles attached to gold rods. tan suede-like material lining. .2 White leather money purse .3 Hand mirror .4 Box with Simpsons label which reads No.7793 (logo) .5 Box lid.

More Information