Metal shop advertising sign with legs, for Billy Bunter Pies, circa 1960, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Metal sign with legs, rectangular in shape. Portrait in design. Ground colour white with photographic image of plump freckled faced boy and pie in foreground. Yellow band across top with text. Text also appears along left hand side of sign. Reverse plain metal gold in colour. Sign attached to grey metal support frame.

More Information