Summary

Two silver purse frames used at Simpson's Gloves Factory, circa 1930-1960. They were found in a small downstairs storeroom. Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Two silver metal purse frames, clasp at top.

More Information