Glass syringe, circa 1860, used in the pharmacy of a psychiatric hopsital in Victoria.

Physical Description

Glass syringe with straight tubular body and long fine nozzle, slightly waisted in centre. Plunger is straight tube, sealed at both ends, with wider, button-shaped hand-hold on top, above crooked ridge. Below that is rubber washer. Side of syringe is marked in red paint - 10 to 50. Glass is frosted.


Example of medical equipment used in Victorian psychiatric hospitals

More Information