Fitted purse containing mirror, rouge tin (with rouge and powder puff), lipstick and mascara, circa 1930s. "Blue Hyacinth" brand. Found in storeroom at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, but probably not made by Simpson's. More likely to have belonged to one of the employees.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Inside lined with brown satin fabric. Closes with zipp fastener. Strap across inside holding cosmetics, with three pockets, snakeskin. Outside covered in brown and white snakeskin.

More Information