Purse made from red and green leather, with metal frame, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s-1960s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Inside purse is a small navy blue cotton woven label with gold lettering: "SIMPSON'S (logo)".Base of purse extends and has pocket to take paper money. Folds back and press studs closed to main purse.

More Information