Motorist's heel protectors, boxed, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty, Ltd, Richmond, 1930s. Protectors made from brown leather cut and darted to fit over ladies' high- heeled shoes. Brown elastic to hold onto shoe heels.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Cardboard box, containing one pair of brown heel protectors.

More Information