Red leather purse, with two divisions, one of two compartments for coins, closes with zipper along top and one side. Made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s-1960s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Other compartment folded in thirds and fastened with press stud, has two pockets for paper money, documents, etc.. Pockets made from suede, back one lined with hectic checked material. Purse lined with suede, red leather gussets at side.

More Information