Summary

Black leather handbag manufactured by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, circa 1950s. It was found in the storeroom behind the salesman's office.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Black leather bag with flap extending from back to close with press stud on front. Two narrow short handles, front and back. Inside lined with black cotton material. One pocket on back, edge bound with strip of black leather, containing black coin purse and double sided mirror. Manilla tag attached to handle, both sides written in red pencil.

More Information