Summary

Fifteen metal stencils of numbers used on parcels of products sent from Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, to indicate product sizes.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

.1 Fifteen metal stencils of numbers used on parcels sent from Simpson's. .2 Box in which stencils were found. Box originally held linen thread.

More Information