Summary

Glover's hand used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, from circa 1930s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Piece of wood, shaped like a hand with four fingers only (no thumb). At the other end there is a handle nailed in to the main piece.

More Information