Alternative Name(s): Writing Case

Black leather writing compendium manufactured by Simpson's Gloves, circa 1930s. It was found in the small downstairs storeroom.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Black leather writing case, stiffened with cardboard, pale grey cotton lining. Has compartment for envelopes, paper, etc.

More Information