Summary

Green raffia ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1970s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Large bag, gilt frame with beige leather handle. Body of bag is dark green and fawn woven raffia-like material. Lining beige cotton, with zippered pocket on one side.

More Information