Summary

Unfinished navy and white left shoe sample made in Stafford, England, 1933. It was used at Simpson's Glove Pty Ltd. Amos Simpson had fiends in the boot trade, he attempted to assemble shoes but did not go into full manufacture

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Left shoe, flat enclosed shoe with ankle strap in navy leather with cream detailing around base.

More Information