Pliers used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. D-ring pliers are bag framer's tools, used for opening and closing D-rings, which are used to attach straps, etc., to bags.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Metal tool, hinged, with handles and overlapping cross-jaws. Originally painted green.

More Information