Summary

Navy blue suede ladies' handbag, probably made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s. Handbag has a label indicating it was retailed by K.O. Geiger, Collins Street, Melbourne.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Navy blue suede box-shaped handbag which opens by sliding out from one end (like a drawer). Inside does not pull right out. Lining of navy blue satin. Small coin purse attached by chain to pocket inside.

More Information