Navy blue suede ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Navy suede bag, elliptical base and triangular top, opens out right down sides to base. Gilt frame, navy strap handle lined with moire. Bag lined with navy blue moire. Pockets in sides, one has coin purse, other has mirror. Small label inside. Simpson's tag attached to frame.

More Information