Gold Gosgrain purse manufactured by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, circa 1960s. It was found in the storeroom behind the salesman's office.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Purse with white leather frame, gold grosgrain embroidered with white flowers, red and white striped cotton lining. Tag attached to clip.

More Information