Box of initialed buttons. Used at Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, circa 1930s, in the production of handbags, wallets, etc..

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Square box covered in beige/tan marble patterned paper. Inside are thirty compartments holding gold and black initial buttons used for handbags, purses, wallets, etc.

More Information