Summary

Label for products made by Simpson's Gloves Pty, Ltd, Richmond, 1930s.

Founder of the business Amos Griffiths Simpson (1878-1953) chose the Stafford Knot as the logo for the company. Simpson was born in Stafford, England; his father was a shoemaker and Amos also entered the trade, before migrating to Australia.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

One green/yellow/white label with Simpson's logo. Label reads "612 (Sample No.) and 42 (Size).

More Information