Shop advertising sign for Tarax soft drink, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

Tarax soft drinks were originally made by the Taraxale Brewing Company, an independent Melbourne soft drink bottler; the company was purchased in 1972 by Cadbury Schweppes, which continued to market Tarax as a regional brand.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular shaped metal sign of portrait design. Ground colour black with text from top to bottom in red, green and blue. Image of hand with ring - pull and tin of soft drink being poured into a glass. Reverse plain. Small hole in each corner for securing sign to surface.

More Information