Metal pie warmer, gas-fired. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Calrton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular shaped metal pie warmer. Circular hole in top with crown shaped metal cover which acts as an air vent. Four metal slide in trays with brass semi-circular handles in centre front. Each numbered from 1 to 4. Centre right, small pouring funnel with hinged lid. Funnel used to fill chamber for heating water. Bottom right brass tap with wooden swivel handle attatched. Bottom left edge, small paper sticker attatched, torn along one edge. Sides and back of warmer plain.

More Information