Leather turning machine used at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Richmond, Victoria, Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1920s-1980s.

Leather strips were fed into the machine so that edges were turned over; these were later stitched to make shoulder straps for bags or bias for bags or coats.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Painted black.

More Information