Three heavy wooden stools, made from scrap pieces of timber at Simpson's Glove Factory in Richmond, Victoria, sometime between 1930 and 1950. It was made for a machinist, because the stool provided by the employer was not suitable.

Used until the factory closed in 1988.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

More Information