Wooden box, used by the factory workers to keep personal belongings and spare materials, at Simpsons Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. The boxes sat alongside the worker's chair. Made from available timber at the factory.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

More Information