Summary

Hand rest, used to support the cutting tool as it cut the timber on the lathe. Circa 1900.

Used in the woodturning business of Adolph Bruhn & Son, South Melbourne, 1970-1990, and previously in Little Collins Street, Melbourne. The business made a wide range of wooden products, including tables and architectural mouldings, and undertook specialist turning tasks. Part of a collection of nearly 900 items, including a lathe, cutting tools, hand tools, products, workshop fittings, office equipment, portraits, and an accounts ledger.

Physical Description

Round, solid metal pole welded on slight angle to thin rectangular metal length, curving to edge at top. Found in Area B1 of workshop, resting near the lathe.

More Information