Glove turnerr used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, from circa 1920s. Used for turning fingers of gloves.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Oblong wooden base, Australian red gum, with metal upright turner attached to top.

More Information