Metal electric heater, used in the office at Simpson's Gloves Pty, Ltd, Richmond from the 1940s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Ornate metal electric heater, with wire grille, porcelain cone heating coil. Decorated with bows on top of metal dish. Black rubber flex has been disconnected from heater.

More Information