This is a black & white postcard of the Exhibition and State Parliament Buildings showing the south west facade with gardens and an unmade pathway in the foreground, circa 1920. The postcard, which was sent from Sydney to Belgium in 1920, was produced as part of the Melbourne Series by Australian Enamellers (RPN).

The Victorian Parliament occupied the western annexe of the Exhibition Building from 1901 to 1927.

Physical Description

A black & white photograph of the Exhibition Building with gardens and an unmade pathway in the foreground. The photograph is surrounded by a narrow white border with the title beneath the image. On the reverse of the postcard there is a handwritten inscription and address in blue ink. In the upper right hand corner there is a brown three halfpence Australian postage stamp.

More Information