This is a colour postcard of the Exhibition and State Parliament Buildings showing the southern facade and Hochgurtel Fountain with the lake in the foreground, circa 1920. The postcard, which is unused, was made in Germany.

The Victorian Parliament occupied the western annexe of the Exhibition Building from 1901 to 1927.

Physical Description

A colour tinted photograph of the Exhibition Building from south east, with the lake and gardens in the foreground. The building is reflected clearly in the lake and the photograph is tinted blue, green and pink. On the reverse of the card there is space to write a message, an address and to place a stamp. The card is unused.

More Information