A mother-of-pearl and brass ewer made as a souvenir of the Melbourne Centennial International Exhibition held in the (Royal) Exhibition Building from 1 August 1888 - 31 January 1889.

Physical Description

Pressed brass ewer, circa 1888, with mother-of-pearl body, brass base, spout and handle. The base is decorated with a pattern of swirls and grooves. The handle is decorated with a series of raised dots with two rosettes attached where the handle meets the spout.

More Information