Sign, 'Wanted Girls to Learn', Simpson's Gloves Factory, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1950s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Sheet of metal, painted black on one side, white lettering. Length of wire threaded through two holes at top for hanging up. Two half circles cut out of sides, edged with white.

More Information