This is a colour postcard showing a black & white view of the southern facade of the Exhibition Building circa 1908. The postcard, which is unused, was printed in Germany as part of the Melbourne 'Stile' Series published by Birn Brothers, England.

The Exhibition Building was built for the 1880 Melbourne International Exhibition, which opened to visitors on 1 October 1880. By the early 20th century, picture postcards of the Exhibition Building were a popular Melbourne souvenir.

Physical Description

A postcard consisting of a black & white photograph of the Exhibition Building at the top and a colour picture of a man and woman embracing by a river at the bottom. There is a comic inscription beneath the illustration. On the reverse of the card there is space to write a message, an address and to place a stamp. The card is unused.

More Information