Banner from St Mark's School in Carlton, used during the early 1990s. St Mark's was founded in 1936 and in 1986 it celebrated its Golden Jubilee. On this occasion Sister Silvia, who taught at this school for many years, compiled a photo album on the history of the school, now held by the SLV. The album contains the photos of many school groups and individual students, some of whom were of Italian background, like Vince Catoggio, who later played for Carlton.

Physical Description

Navy blue rectangular silk banner, with yellow fringing at the bottom. The school name, location, emblem and motto are printed on the banner in white, blue and red ink. A wooden rod is threaded through the top of the banne, and yellow rope and blue and red ribbions are attatched to it.

More Information