Silver-plated dental clamps used for encapsulating the tooth prior to filling with amalgam, circa 1920. Made by S.S. White Dental Manufacturing Co. Used for dental work on patients at Lakeside Asylum, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.

Physical Description

4 silver-plated dental clamps, each consisting of 2 facing C-shaped pieces which are clamped around the tooth by turning a tiny screw on each side of the clamp. The 4 clamps are contained in a black velvet-lined plywood box, covered in black paper. There is space in the box for six clamps - two are missing.

More Information