Small wooden hat block used to mould leather driving and flying helmets made at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. Made from Australian cedar by Robert Godfrey Pty Ltd, Melbourne, circa 1920s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

More Information