Paper Mocopan bag used by Mocopan Food Processing Company at Preston to package and brand their produce. Mocopan was established by Agostino Monici, Sergio Coperchini and Vic Panettieri in 1953. The name was an amalgamation of the surnames of the three men. Mocopan was originally composed of three sections; coffee processing and sales; the production of smallgoods, and the processing of polenta flour. The smallgoods were unsuccessful and both Coperchini and Panettieri left the company, a succession of partners followed, including Frank Dimattina. Mocopan was managed by the Dimattina's until 1995 when it was sold to a multi-national.

Physical Description

Orange and White rectangular paper bag, that closes at the top with a piece of paper stiffened with wire that folds over and around the top of the bag. On one side of the bag is a drawing of a man in a suite, smelling the aroma of coffee and smiling on the other side is a drawing of a woman also smelling the aroma of coffee and smiling.

More Information