This bridle was originally on Phar Lap when he arrived at the Museum in 1933. It had been placed there by Jonas Bros of New York, who had prepared the mounted hide.

A visitor pointed out that it was an American-style bridle, so it was eventually removed and replaced by one acquired from his trainer Harry Telford.

Physical Description

Horse's bridle, minus bit and reins, made from light brown leather with white cotton stitching. Appears new, possibly never used.

More Information