Black Magic Chocolates advertising sign, circa 1950, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Wooden rectangular shaped sign of portrait design. Ground colour cream with painted image of man and woman (heads only) and floral spray of mauve roses. Text along bottom edge. Reverse plan, remnants of orange paint on frame.

More Information