Samples of leather shoe uppers made in Stafford, England, 1933. Used at Simpson's Glove Pty Ltd and found in box in a shed above the air raid shelter. Amos Simpson had fiends in the boot trade, he attempted to assemble shoes but did not go into full manufacture.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Leather uppers, six pairs. Punched decoration, designed to lace across the top. Set 66' / Style 5511 Fancy laced Ghillie Sandal / out of beige goat. / Heel 1 7/8" covered, Pairs 6 Size 4. Tied together.

More Information