Sample ladies black calf handbag made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, circa 1950-1960. It was found in the handbag salesman's showroom.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Ladies' black calf handbag with strap and gold trim. Tab on front. Lined with black poplin moire and contains: black leather purse, bevelled mirror.

More Information