Tan suede ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1970s. Retailed by Olga Geiger, Collins Street, Melbourne.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

.1 Ladies' tan suede bag in original box. Cotton (poplin moire) lining with leather trim. Two straps have gilt fastenings. .2 Tissue wrapped mirror. Sample.

More Information