Green and cream belt buckle, circa 1930-1939. It was used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd. It was found in the glove making area upstairs at the factory. Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Plastic belt buckle with metal clasp on back. Long, geometric shape with split along middle. Each side of the belt has a triangle of darker green at the top and bottom and three cream stripes with light green in between.

More Information