Single Head Knife, circa 1940s. Used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, where it was found in the large downstairs storeroom. Head knifes are used for cutting intricate forms from leather, skiving and paring and sliding between folded leather to cut old stitching when making repairs.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Head knife with blade curved to a point on one side and a rounded wooden handle.

More Information