Purse Crease, circa 1975. Used at Simpson's Gloves Factory where it was found upstairs in the handbag section. Creases are used to make a thin line along the edge of leather, which is both decorative and helps to seal the fibres. They are often heated over a clean flame before use.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Thick rounded wooden handle, metal blade has curved and flattened end.

More Information