White leather skirt style ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

1 Ladies white leather skirt style handbag with dark blue poplin moire lining. Strap handle. Buckle and strap decoration on lid. .2 Hand mirror in pocket of bag. .3 Box lid. .4 Box with Simpsons label reading No. 7314 (logo).

More Information