Glue pot used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. Iron pot with second smaller pot. The larger outer pot held water which when warmed heated glue pellets in smaller, inner pot.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Both pots have wire handles. Smaller pot has rim which sits on edge of larger pot. Lettering on bottom of large pot is indecipherable.

More Information