Summary

Alternative Name(s): Ribbon

Sash presented to champion race horse Phar Lap after winning the AJC Derby at Randwick Racecourse in Sydney on the 5th October, 1929. It was retained by family of his trainer Harry Telford family, and was amongst a number of items donated to the museum by them in the 1990s.

Physical Description

Presentation sash consisting of a length of light blue woven silk, doubled over to form a loop. Along the bottom edges are short pieces of gold metal fringing. There are two horizontal pleats near the bottom of the front and back of the sash. Towards the bottom of the front of the sash is sewn a metal loop whilst on the back is sewn a metal swan shaped clasp, which are both used to secure the sash when worn

More Information